Cat That Swallowed More Than a Dozen Hair Ties Saved After Emergency Sugery | petMD

This is so true!  My cat, Ophelia, nearly died after eating a piece of a leather shoelace.

Hair ties always seem to have a way of disappearing.

Source: Cat That Swallowed More Than a Dozen Hair Ties Saved After Emergency Sugery | petMD

Advertisements

5 thoughts on “Cat That Swallowed More Than a Dozen Hair Ties Saved After Emergency Sugery | petMD

    • Ophie loves to retrieve wrapped rubber bands a.k.a. hair ties but after the shoelace incident and finding them in her food bowl, I quit letting her play with them. She would fetch them like a dog and bring them back but I was worried she might decide to eat one.

      Liked by 1 person

      • I never noticed any problems with hair ties, but Rom had a bizarre affinity to Christmas tree tinsel, which he liked to eat. Let’s just say that the cat box has never looked more ‘festive’.
        Once we realized that he was swallowing it, we stopped using tinsel on the tree. In fact, even though he’s been gone for years, we still don’t use tinsel.

        Like

      • I remember being warned about cats and rubberbands a long time ago but thought the wrapped ones were more secure. I played fetch with her with them for years until the shoelace incident, then decided not to take any more chances. That’s pretty funny about the “festive cat box.” LOL! But undoubtedly much safer to quit using it.

        Liked by 1 person

Comments are closed.